August 09, 2010

What Would You Do For a Dollar?

Over the weekend my darling Boz proved once again how excited he is to bring home our little one. Just how excited? Excited enough to run me off the road on our bikes. Yah, that’s right. Our new thing is to go to church on Saturday nights and to spend our entire Sundays together. Or as much as we can (he working on his Masters so a fair amount has been spent doing homework). We used to be runners, but as the tendonitis in my knees have gotten worse, we’ve recently taken up biking. So weather permitting, we like to go for long rides on Sunday.


Anyway, the other day we were out on our bikes. We were heading for the bike path and he was in the lead with me trailing behind. The road we were on was pretty deserted so I scooted up to ride next to him. He clearly did NOT see me as all of a sudden he swerved right into me, sending me to the other side of the street!! Once we got over the initial shock and blame, I asked him what the heck was that about?! By this point he’s riding back the way we came, asking “Did you see it!?” For some reason I thought he must have swerved to miss hitting a duck or something…. but no.
He nearly took me out in an effort to pick up a DOLLAR. I know he’s Dutch, but COME ON! (I say that, but I totally would have done the same thing… only without running into him ;-) ). He was so excited to have found that and couldn’t wait to put it in our adoption jar when we got home!!! We’re coming for you little man!! We can’t wait to have you HOME, safe and sound!

1 comment:

jkseevers said...

what a great idea to have an Adoption Jar! LOVE IT:) It's so fun to be following along with you guys... we have so many of the same emotions going on right now. It's good to not be alone!
Blessings!