9/21/10 - Received our State Certified Documents!!
9/8/10 - RECEIVED OUR HOME STUDY!
9/3/10 - Jody's Last Background Check Done
9/2/10 - HOME STUDY FINALIZED!
8/15/10 - LAST MEETING w/ Social Worker!
8/14/10 - ALL Reference Letters are IN and Notarized!
8/11/10 - Docs Notarized!
7/27/10 - 1st Reference Letter Came In!
7/19/10 - Physicals/Blood Work
7/11/10 - HOME STUDY MEETING AT OUR HOUSE!
7/8-10/10 - Garage Sale Fundraiser ($2,882 raised!)
6/11 & 18/10 - We received our Passports
6/11-12/10 - Garage Sale FUNdraiser ($843 raised!)
5/29/10 - HOME STUDY ORIENTATION!!!
5/27/10 - Accepted by our Home Study Agency - St. Elizabeth
5/21/10 - Changed Home Study Agency (filled out application); Received copies of Marriage License, Divorce Decree and Birth Certificates
5/14/10 - Assigned to a Family Coordinator; Decided on a Home Study Agency
5/12/10 - Completed Hague-Compliant Training
5/10/10 - Agreement Paperwork and Payment Received
5/6/10 - Mailed back Agreement and Initial Program Fee
5/5/10 - Application APPROVED!
5/3/10 - AWAA contacted us for more information
4/20/10 - Submitted Online Application to AWAA
"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act."
~ Proverbs 24:12
Here's a short documentary that explores the current state of one of Ethiopia's poorest villages, the village of Korah and the challenges the people there face every day. The village of Korah is a small village just outside Addis Ababa, the capitol city of Ethiopia. It was founded over seventy five years ago by people inflicted with leprosy, seeking treatment in Addis. Three generations later, over 100,000 people live in Korah, most of whom have leprosy, HIV/AIDS, are widows or orphans. Their extreme poverty has forced many of the villagers to forage through a local trash dump to find enough food to survive each day.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm adding you to our blog roll and my prayer list. I also wanted to share this link about the adoption tax credit - it has been INCREASED and EXTENDED and it's now fully refundable through 2011! http://taxes.about.com/od/deductionscredits/qt/adoptioncredit.htm
Not to forget this post you made here - Korah will always have my heart, it's an incredible place.
Korah hit us hard when we went. I'm still processing and hope to write more about what we saw. Thank you so much for posting this video. I hadn't seen this before...
(also known as Dave and jody)...would love it if you'd follow along on our adoption journey. We have been married for almost 4 years and have chosen adoption as our first choice to begin our family. We're so excited bring home the child that God has for us in Ethiopia!
3 comments:
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm adding you to our blog roll and my prayer list. I also wanted to share this link about the adoption tax credit - it has been INCREASED and EXTENDED and it's now fully refundable through 2011! http://taxes.about.com/od/deductionscredits/qt/adoptioncredit.htm
Not to forget this post you made here - Korah will always have my heart, it's an incredible place.
Korah hit us hard when we went. I'm still processing and hope to write more about what we saw. Thank you so much for posting this video. I hadn't seen this before...
Never heard of this place and now I will never forget it. Thank you for posting this. Praying for Korah.
Post a Comment