August 17, 2010

Prayers & Background Checks

i could really use some prayers. I'm completely overwhelmed.... confused..... and FRUSTRATED.

Why??

One word.

BACKGROUND CHECKS.


Okay, i guess that was actually two words... LOL!

i *think* i may be alright with the Indiana ones (finally). A friend of the family is a State Trooper and he's working on getting that done for me. I'm PRAYING it works out. Because if it doesn't, i have to take half a day off of work (it sucks working in one state and living in another - too much of a commute!) to get that finished. Which isn't a BAD thing, but this would be so much easier. (more on this in a minute)

The pain in my butt has been getting my Illinois background done. I've lived in Indiana for 4 years ~ had it been 5 years we wouldn't be having this problem. So i need to be checked in Illinois... only i have no idea on how to go about this. We contacted the Sheriff's Department and they told us we needed to have the check done by the local police department where i used to live. Okay, no biggie. So we looked into that. The local dept said they could do this but needed something in writing saying why we needed the check done. 5 days later we FINALLY heard back from our home study director (Alice). She faxed a letter over to my office to bring with me saying what was needed and why. Only she screwed up. In the letter she put i needed a Child Protective Service check! What the What!? Boz and i filled out a form to have our Home Study Agency do the CPS check (she knows this ~ she was the one who had us fill out that form). What we needed was the background check. So armed with a piece of paper that would most likely be no good i went to the police department after work this evening. And hey! what do you know, utter failure. I didn't even get the chance to show them the paper. Right away i was told that they couldn't do it because they didn't have a deputy (??) on duty. He was supposed to be on duty but never showed up that night. The woman then informed me that if I did come back when a deputy was around it would do me no good as they wouldn't let me leave with my background check.


I was then told to go to the Will County Courthouse to have this done. Funny, they were the ones who told me to go to this police department. i feel like I'm going in circles here.

The crappy part is I took the morning off of work tomorrow to get this done. I actually thought I'd have no problem with the Illinois background check and could get that done this evening. Then I'd have the morning to run out to Crown Point to the Lake County Courthouse to have them do my IN background check.

Wrong.

Being as we have a friend working on the Indiana check i decided not to worry about
that, and to wait and see if he was able to do that for me. Instead i would run out to Joliet, IL (45 minutes away) in the morning to get my Illinois check done. Only because Alice put the wrong information on the fax, i can't do that either.

FAIL.

So if you guys could cover me in prayer right now i could really use it! I'm trying not to get too frustrated, but this whole background check has been an issue for a number of weeks now. For all my adopting friends, i know this is NOTHING compared to what some of you are going through! But again I'm trying not to get down about this, and am keeping my eye on the prize.... our Baby Boz. This is all worth it and i would go through this 100 times over if that's what it took to get my little one(s) home. Still doesn't help this nagging headache I've had all day...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have a little pity party for myself before going to bed.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh hon, don't I understand!!! I have had so MANY pity parties in the last 6 months! Everyone keeps reminding me that this IS God's plan. That if I had been DTE in Feb. as planned, Olivia wouldn't have been born yet, right when we need her to be. But it didn't help to know that - it still hurt to see others having it so easily. I even had to step away from the YG for a little period to give myself a little peace for a while.

I had a dear bloggy friend slap me in the face (figuratively) with "you act like you are just trying to get any ole baby - versus the baby that God DESIGNED FOR YOU FROM THE CREATION OF THE WORLD!!!"

Vent, cry, yell - it's o.k. Some have it easy and fly right through, some of us have to fight our way through every little issue. But I can say, it has really upped my prayer life and faith strength. Praying for you now!