Wanted to do a little follow up from last night's post. I'm not upset... (maybe a little - and its more frustration than anything) ..... i just needed to vent and that out of my system. I know international adoption is going to be full of these little hiccups, and i accept that.
The more i thought about it, the more i thought that maybe this is just God's way of slowing us down. We're doing this in HIS timing after all, and maybe we were just getting ahead of ourselves. We believe that he has the PERFECT child(ren) in mind for us, and if it weren't for these hiccups along the way, our paths might not cross. He's a PERFECT GOD with PERFECT PLANS. Our plans don't always match up with His.... so this could be HIS way of getting us in line with what He has planned... what He planned out way before we were even born ourselves.
This isn't to say i don't want those background checks done! :-) But I am fully resting in the fact that God has already worked this out for us.
Mary
6 months ago













2 comments:
You have such a great perspective about all of this! I'm thoroughly impressed. The words from both of your last 2 posts have been my own... frustration then trusting irritation then believing for perfect timing. It's a cycle. Thankfully we serve a God who totally understands us and all of our flaws, and He loves us anyway. Amazing.
It WILL all get done in His timing. I'll keep telling you this, as I tell myself the same thing:)
Praying that all of these glitches get worked out for you... please pray that our Ohio clearance comes in soon... we are on week 8 of waiting. sigh. but, I'm trusting, darn it:)
Hugs and prayers!!
Katie
I found your blog linked from Becky H's and wanted to say hi. Congratulations on your adoption plans! Five years ago we were in the same place you are - and now we have three beautiful children. Blessings to both of you and I hope you are cuddling your sweet little one soon. :)
Post a Comment