
This pretty much sums up how I'm feeling. I was on the phone for about half an hour with our doctor's office trying to find our missing forms. I don't know if I blogged about this, but our doctor's office lost the paperwork we brought in that needed to be filled out, signed and notarized. It was a little frustrating. Fast forward almost TWO weeks and they still can't find them. Only i got a phone call the other day saying they had them and were ready to be picked up! YAY!! So i called today just to be sure they had them. Glad i called, as they were missing. REALLY!? How many times can you lose stuff?? They're (clearly) not the most organized people.
i get that there are holdups with adoption, but i really didn't think getting a PIECE OF PAPER back from the doctor was going to be one of them. LOL!
Looks like we're going back tomorrow with EXTRA COPIES and hopefully this will be it. I spoke to the office manager and she said we could come in today with our copies. So i asked if the notary was going to be in... Nope.... Okay. What about the doctor? Nope. Come on people! Work with me here!!
I'll keep you posted on the drama. ;-)













2 comments:
I totally understood that there would be waiting in this adoption process, but I was surprised at how "simple" steps could take so much longer than they needed to ~ before we even got to the "real" waiting! AARRGH! Frustrating! I hear what you are saying!
Each hiccup or hold up along our way to being DTE, I tried, tried, tried to smile and say, "OK, God! I guess we are going too fast and you need to slow us down so that we can receive the very child/ren you have planned all along for us!" This worked for me.......MOST of the time......but not always. Especially when the hold up was due to incompetency of another person! ;)
Sorry you are experiencing this too, but as we both are learning, I guess it really is a part of the process.....even early on. May your future glitches be short and few!
AGH! That is so frustrating!! When we got our doctors stuff done, they pretty much threatened to charge us for the visit, and the paperwork, as if we weren't subscribing members who pay for health insurance! It was so ridiculous. When we went to schedule the appointments they said that they may or may not charge us, and that if they did decide to charge us, they couldn't give us an exact amount. It would depend on what kind of coverage we had, and how long we had been members. I couldn't believe it!
Sending up a prayer that you will get it all back soon! It was one of the most frustrating steps for us for sure! Pretty soon it will be behind you!
Heather Cheney
cheneyadoption.blogspot.com
Post a Comment