I’m not sure how to say this, so I’m just gonna say it…………… Another man has stolen my heart.
It’s not Dave-Boz.
It’s not Dave-Boz.
It’s not my Dierks.
It’s not even one of my handsome little nephews (and they are handsome!).
It’s this little guy.

I’ve never met this kid. I don’t know his name. I don’t know who he is. But I saw him on a video this morning and he stole my heart. I can’t get him out of my head. Please take the time to watch this video (this little darling makes an appearance around the 3:04 mark – if nothing else at least watch this and fall in love).
Now take a minute and actually look at this little guy. I mean, REALLY LOOK AT HIM.
Does he deserve to be alone? Does he deserve to have no parents? To search for food at a DUMP? TO LIVE IN A DUMP? NO! Absolutely NOT. Just looking at this little guy gets me choked up. Sometimes i think people think of orphans and these beautiful kids as JUST NUMBERS, and they get overwhelmed so they don't do anything (I know, because that’s how I used to be). So I encourage all of you to LOOK at him. Start seeing orphans for who they are – not numbers but KIDS (like your child, or your nephew/niece/grandchild….) who need LOVE… a HOME…. FOOD… a FAMILY. When you actually look into their eyes... and see them for who they truly are.... HOW CAN YOU NOT DO SOMETHING!?
Not sure where to begin? Let’s talk.
Not everyone is called to adopt, and not everyone should adopt. But there’s things you can be doing to help little guys like him. There are many wonderful organizations you can go to where you can sponsor a child (Children’s HopeChest, World Vision….)! For just $35 (or so) a month (you can afford to give up a few Starbucks, right?) you can make a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the life of a child.
Pray. Let’s cover these kiddo’s in prayer.
Talk. Let’s talk about what’s going on out in the world. Let’s tear down the four walls of our churches and let’s get out there! Let’s DO something. Let’s bring AWARENESS to the ORPHAN CRISIS. I don’t know about you…. But 147 MILLION orphans… THAT’S a CRISIS.
Watch this video and check out what one woman did to make a difference. I’m not saying we should all move to Africa…. But who knows… maybe one of you will! ;-)
"An Ordinary Hero team of 22 people traveled to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. One day we ventured into a trash dump to find scenes that we will never forget. There are precious people that live in this area. These people have lived there all their lives with no hope of a better future. That is until a girl named Sumer moved her family to Ethiopia to help these forgotten people. She started a summer school and seeks sponsors for the children to move them from the trash dump and to a boarding school where they will get a very good education and be able to better their lives. After discovering this area for ourselves and seeing the difference that Sumer and her Project 61 team is making, we have made it our goal to partner with them to bring as much help and awareness as we can to such an impoverished area and people. Visit ordinaryhero.org for more info on how you can help."
Not sure where to begin? Let’s talk.
Not everyone is called to adopt, and not everyone should adopt. But there’s things you can be doing to help little guys like him. There are many wonderful organizations you can go to where you can sponsor a child (Children’s HopeChest, World Vision….)! For just $35 (or so) a month (you can afford to give up a few Starbucks, right?) you can make a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the life of a child.
Pray. Let’s cover these kiddo’s in prayer.
Talk. Let’s talk about what’s going on out in the world. Let’s tear down the four walls of our churches and let’s get out there! Let’s DO something. Let’s bring AWARENESS to the ORPHAN CRISIS. I don’t know about you…. But 147 MILLION orphans… THAT’S a CRISIS.
Watch this video and check out what one woman did to make a difference. I’m not saying we should all move to Africa…. But who knows… maybe one of you will! ;-)
"An Ordinary Hero team of 22 people traveled to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. One day we ventured into a trash dump to find scenes that we will never forget. There are precious people that live in this area. These people have lived there all their lives with no hope of a better future. That is until a girl named Sumer moved her family to Ethiopia to help these forgotten people. She started a summer school and seeks sponsors for the children to move them from the trash dump and to a boarding school where they will get a very good education and be able to better their lives. After discovering this area for ourselves and seeing the difference that Sumer and her Project 61 team is making, we have made it our goal to partner with them to bring as much help and awareness as we can to such an impoverished area and people. Visit ordinaryhero.org for more info on how you can help."
Ordinary Hero~ A day in the trash dump in Ethiopia from Kelly Putty on Vimeo.













2 comments:
weeping... this is amazing. I'm beyond words.
I am soo sharing this! And talking with Jeff tonight to confirm that we HAVE to sponsor another child...
Thanks for this Jody, Love your heart that the Lord is growing in you and is pouring fourth in such wonderful ways!
Post a Comment