August 15, 2011

Piece to the Puzzle!

With adoption you never fully know the background on your kids. If you’re adopting an older child, you don’t know what they were like as babies, you don’t know about their little quirks, you don’t know if they were named after someone special. So much is unknown.

Going into this, we knew there’d be a gap missing from their lives, and we’re okay with that (you know what I mean). Though we’re doing everything we can to find out as much as possible (about them, their birth family, the region they’re from), so we have information for A** and Z** when they get older.

Last week i was chatting, over email, with another adoptive momma (Sara) ~ who just so happens to be an old college roommate of my sister! Anyway, we were talking about where our kids were from and she asked the names and what they meant. I was only able to share with her the meaning behind A**’s name. Try as we may, we hadn’t been able to get much info on Z**’s name. Apparently “Google” only knows so much. LOL!

So you can imagine my surprise when I was checking my email Saturday night and had a message from Sara. She had asked some friend of hers what Z** means… and she got an answer!!! We now know what his name means (!!!), and given the short history of his that we know, it is SO COMPLETELY FITTING!!!

Their names were picked for a reason, and now I feel like we have more of an idea why.

I can’t even tell you how THRILLED I was to get this information!! It feels like we were given another piece to the puzzle!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! I remember how wonderful it was to learn what "Jagiso" meant and it really is a wonderful feeling! So happy you didn't have to wait longer!

Carmen D.

Danielle said...

yay! That is great. Your kids seem like the greatest present ever-- you're never done "opening" it! Always more blessings to learn about =)

Anonymous said...

Oooooo! You got me intrigued now.... :)