It was a typical Thursday morning ~ as usual, I was sitting on the Metra on my way to work. Normally I read a book, but I had downloaded one of Anderson Cooper’s 360 podcasts and was listening to that. It was the one that aired last night (Wednesday), the 600,000 children are on the brink of starvation one (it's at the bottom of this post if you want to check it out).
As you can probably imagine, it took a lot for me to hold back the tears. I wasn’t hugely successful either but at least I wasn’t bawling (though, had I not been on the train….). Needless to say when I got off the train I was in a bit of a state.
Then Boz called.
He asked how I was and I told him that I was on the verge of tears, but couldn’t get much more out because I was ThisClose to crying. You know the feeling right?? Where you’re about to cry and hearing someone’s voice (or getting a hug) sends you over the edge. Anyway, that’s when he asked me if I really wanted to cry….followed immediately by, WE HAVE A COURT DATE!!!!
I was standing on Michigan Avenue, LAUGHING my butt off and CRYING all at the same time!! Not to mention literally JUMPING around on the sidewalk!!! I know I’m going to have some explaining to do to my fellow commuters. Oh, the looks I was getting from people, but I just did not care!! Most of them had a silly smile/grin on their face. It’s hard not to smile when you see a chick losing her mind, ya know!?
It was the most incredible reaction!! LOLOL!! I’m still cracking up thinking about it. Boz had no idea what was going on and kept asking why I was laughing so hard ~ I have no idea! I don’t know that I’ve ever been that happy in my life. It was incredible! It was the sort of reaction I always thought I’d have when we got “the call”. But instead my reaction was more a state of panic. Not quite what I had envisioned, but oh well. This reaction made up for it BIG TIME!
I was still laughing like an idiot when I got on the elevator, and as I got to work. Then I just started running the halls and telling all my friends what has just happened!! It was a GREAT morning.
Absolutely Great.













4 comments:
Woohooo!!!! SO SO excited for you guys!!!! =) =)
Ha ha! LOVE that! I think I would have just screamed WE HAVE A COURT DATE right there on the street. Who cares what everyone else thinks! So excited for you guys and can't wait to see pics of all of you together!
Carmen
I just wanted to say again how excited I am for your good news! I love that you were jumping up and down on the street and wish you could post a little video of that too :)
Robyn
Still sharing in your JOY over knowing WHEN you get to hold, kiss and love on your babes!!!!! I had such a similar response when we got the call for our CD! I thought Kristin must have felt like she just gave a referral call! Enjoy counting down the days! Who knows....maybe our paths will cross in ET!!!
Post a Comment