August 16, 2011




Our doctor called back today with the list of shots we'll be needing. We're gonna be a little sore! Have a peek ~



Yellow Fever.
Hepatitis A.
Typhoid.
(pill form - YAY!)
Polio. (i may have had this as a child - will have to look it up when i get home)
Meningitis.
Malaria.
(pill form)
Rabies.
Since we won’t be working with animals, I think we’ll skip this one. Not to mention the fact that it’s a 3 shot series at $200 a shot! Like I said, I think we’ll be okay.



Now if you'll excuse me, i need to get back on the phone with my insurance people to beg them to cover the above listed shots!

2 comments:

Pondering and Writing said...

Hey Jody! We found out (after the fact unfortunately!) that our insurance would have covered these since they are preventative if we had gone to an in network provider. We just went to the health dept., which was not in network. So they might be covered if you go to your regular doctor...it just might take them a few weeks to get them in stock...not ones (like typhoid or yellow fever) they just have lying around. : ) I bet for sure you could get your hep a/hep b, tetanus, and meningitis, and maybe even polio at your regular docs office, which would probably save a lot of money! Hope it goes well!!! It was the ONLY time I was ready and willing to get shots!!!
Olivia

Anonymous said...

Heaven's to Betsy that sounds terrifying! But what better a reason for getting them than to be able to love on your littles!!!!