August 29, 2011

Court Date. Party of Two?



In 39 days we're going to be boarding a plane in Chicago....landing in DC..... then hopping on another plane that will bring us to a country that i have been homesick for, for way too long. It's funny how you can be homesick for a place you've never been.


Actually, i suppose its not that funny.... that's where our kids are.


I'll probably cry when my feet touch the soil. If not me, Boz for sure. :-)


This morning we sent our confirmed flight itinerary to our travel director. Now that she has that information, she should hopefully have our in-country package price confirmed by the end of this week! *gulp* So that's the good news.


The not-so-great-new is this: We're the only ones traveling for court! So far. Our travel coordinator said that she was hopeful that other families will receive court dates around the time of ours, but they have had families travel alone on some occasions. Dude. That would kinda suck. There are too many people i want to travel with!! I'm earnestly praying they'll get the same court date as us, or a date where our stay will at least over lap. I have no doubt we'll be able to wing it on our own, but it'd be so much nicer to navigate these waters with other friends!


On a more positive note: I'm still hopeful of traveling with some friends of ours who are waiting on Embassy - anything is possible, right!?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

If we get to travel together have no fear: you will not be lonely!!! Our title would be "Court date Party of 6 (or 7 depending on what family joins us:)
Praying we hear soon that we are traveling with you and totally jealous that your travel info is being confirmed!!!!!! What dates will you be there?

Kelly said...

Travel groups, rock!! We had such a great group with our first adoption (China) but most likely will travel solo to Korea--if and when. Either way I know you will have an incredible time!!

The Davidsons said...

I'm so excited that your big day is quickly approaching!! I do hope others will be joining your travel group. However, the staff in Ethiopia is so amazing, you'll be in great company either way!!