*WARNING*
Someone is having a pity party today.
We got an email this morning from our agency stating the number of referrals handed out this month. This makes me a little sad as there are still 3 days left in May. I’m not sure if this means that there are no more referrals coming in the immediate future or what.
It was also frustrating to see that the approximate wait times are still 7-10 months. Ahh… I remember the days when we were first DTE and the approximate wait time was 4-6months. I miss those days. :-) We were naively hopeful that we’d get our referral around March ~ thinking we might actually take our first trip in the spring… and thinking for sure we’d travel for Embassy over the summer. Therefore giving us the entire summer to bond as a new family of three. Clearly we were dreamers and way off the mark.
It just seems as though each time we got to the average wait time, it’d go up again. I called a friend the other day because I was feeling down about this and was hoping for a shoulder…. all I got was “God has the perfect plan.” “He has it all figured out.” “Clearly He thinks you need to learn more patience.”
All I wanted (and needed) was someone to tell me that “yes, it does SUCK.” I know all that other stuff (and I DO believe it!), but I don’t need to constantly be hearing it. Please just agree with me that the waiting blows. Because it does. It really, really does.
The hardest part is there’s no end in sight…I mean, there IS… but we don’t know when. And that’s really rough. I know as soon as we see our kiddo’s face we’ll forget the pain of waiting (at least that’s what everyone is telling me). But still. It’s an emotional roller coaster ~ we wake up Mon-Fri thinking “today could be the day we see our son” and we’ve been going to bed defeated, yet hopeful that “maybe tomorrow.” It’s exhausting.
Wait Times ~
As of Nov: wait time for an infant male continues to remain at 4-6 months
As of Dec: wait time for an infant male continues to remain at 4-6 months
As of Jan: wait time for an infant male continues to remain at 4-6 months
As of Feb: wait time for an infant male is 5-8 months
As of March: wait time for an infant male is 5-8 months
As of April: approximate wait time for an infant male is now 7-10 months
As of May: wait time for an infant male is 7-10 months
Infants: Approximately 0-18 months
Toddlers: Approximately 19-47 months
Wait Times ~
As of Nov: wait time for an infant male continues to remain at 4-6 months
As of Dec: wait time for an infant male continues to remain at 4-6 months
As of Jan: wait time for an infant male continues to remain at 4-6 months
As of Feb: wait time for an infant male is 5-8 months
As of March: wait time for an infant male is 5-8 months
As of April: approximate wait time for an infant male is now 7-10 months
As of May: wait time for an infant male is 7-10 months
Infants: Approximately 0-18 months
Toddlers: Approximately 19-47 months
~jody
P.S. i know it seems petty as others have waited much longer than us, and others have gone through a LOT more crap than we've had to (thus far).... but it's our blog, and i really do want to write down everything ~ good, bad and ugly.














9 comments:
IT SUCKS!!!!!!! I'll agree with you!!! And as far as the email goes - I don't know why they send those out before the end of the month. And yes - I have seen months where referrals came out after that figure had been posted :)
Go to my FB and read my status quotes for today --- I feel/felt exactly like you - but am having faith that something is coming - I have to believe it is.
I'm feeling the same way! The delays are KILLING me. I thought we'd have our baby home by last Christmas, then I thought surely by this summer, and now even next Christmas seems out of reach! Yes, God is at work during this time, but it is still painful. I'm definitely hearing you...
It does suck!!! And we aren't even DTE yet!!! I am sure it's hard to be in your shoes right now. Stay strong, chica!!! Praying that you see your little one's (or ones') face(s) soon!!! <3
Lindsey :)
hahaha!!! I just took note of your opening illustration --- in addition to this waiting for baby, hubs also had to start the police academy so I am a single mom to 3 - he went 6 weeks with 3 weeks to go when he got sent home for a stupid handcuff mistake (that he was never taught correctly, grrr). So now - FIVE more weeks to go!!!!
Anyway, this whole past month has led me to start buying wine just so I can unwind in my garden tub at night when the house is quiet and make my thoughts calm down with my one glass an evening and my God. It's my coping mechanism I guess!
You go right ahead and vent! You are more than willing to have "those" days and need to talk it out! I think it totally sucks that you haven't seen your little one's face! AND that the wait times continually change... I'm a true believer in speaking your mind, and especially speaking your mind to God...He doesn't need a filter! :) So, go right on ahead and vent! :)
In agreement. It's hard and it stinks. No platitudes here! I will pray with more intentionality. :)
I happen to like Tracy's comment up above me about buying wine.. =)
Your limits have been pushed so you go ahead and vent as much (and as loud!) as you want!!
OH, JODES! The waiting really DOES SUCK!!! Feeling that way does not mean you lack faith. It means you are tire of waiting to see the face(s) of your babe(s)!!! Period. I know it feels like you so badly want to take a giant step forward, and no matter how hard you try, your foot just can't get out of the mud that is holding you back against your will! AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! I CAN say that it IS TRUE!......once you lay your eyes on your child's picture, you cry tears of joy knowing that every second waited was worth it!!!!! That doesn't always help in the midst of the waiting, though. I remember thinking I wanted to spit in the next person's face who offered the advice, "God's timing is perfect!" His timing IS perfect! But that doesn't make the waiting S.U.C.K!!!!!!! Hold on, sista! You are so close to meeting your babe(s)!!! P.S.....I sat for four hours having a quiet pity part for one in our nursery, just ONE WEEK before getting to look into our son's face!!!! It is always darkest before the storm!!!!! Blue skies ahead, babey! Blue skies ahead!! *HUGS*
Oops! I meant that although God's timing IS perfect, it doesn't make the waiting easy.......
Post a Comment