May 04, 2011

6 Months DTE

Today marks our 6 month DTE anniversary!! Does that mean I’m in my 2nd trimester!? ;-) Now while my waist might not be growing (Uh… not like that at least!) My heart is growing… and every day it grows more and more. I can’t even explain to you the LOVE we feel for a little boy living on the other side of the world. I know a lot of people don’t understand it and think we’re crazy (I should show you some of the emails I’ve received!), but we really and truly are in love with a little man that we’ve never met. I dream and day-dream about him constantly. And for a number of weeks I’ve found myself being woken up in the middle of the night thinking about and praying for him. Even now.

It’s about 7:30p.m. in Ethiopia right now and I wonder what our little guy is doing. Is someone reading him a bedtime story? Is he already asleep? Is he playing with his little friends? Is he being a stinker and keeping the other kids up?? I wonder if he’s at the Transition House already!?!? Or is he still in the Orphanage?? Does he know what’s going on?? Does he know two strangers from across the globe are getting his room all set up? Does he know he’s going to have an ABUNDANCE of cousins to play with?? Does he know his aunts and uncles (and some great aunts and uncles) are anxious to have him home?? Does he know he’s going to get some of the most amazing grandparents anyone has ever had?? As well as Great-Grandparents??

There are so many unknowns. To be honest, that’s part of the fun in adopting. It’s part of the excitement! Though I’m aware that not everyone would agree with me on that. :-)

Happy 6 Month Anniversary, Boz! I couldn’t imagine going through this journey with anyone else.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

What a sweet post! I've been following your story, and I hope that the wait will soon be over. Being a mom is the greatest job ever, and I hope you continue your blog when your little man finally joins the family. (Being the mom of a little boy is AMAZING! My little guy is 15 months.)