Yesterday morning i was trying to sleep in when Boz came rushing in to wake me up (seriously!?). He asked if i had checked our email yet (we have a joint email account for everything adoption related). Clearly i had not, as i was still sleeping. He then told me that another family from our agency had gotten a referral for a 2.5year old boy!!!! Let me tell you ~ THAT WOKE ME UP!!! Do you know what that means!?!? Unofficially we are #3 on the list!!! i can't even tell you the emotions that rushed through us at the point. Everything from panic to thinking i might be sick to 'we've got to get this place ready' to sheer JOY.
With the knowledge that it could be any day that we get the call (could also be months!) we got busy with getting the rooms put together. We took apart the day bed in the 3rd room and started clearing it out for the baby stuff!! We received an incredible corner unit from one of Boz's friends at work (where we'll keep all the toys), which we brought up from the basement and reassembled in the 2nd room.... i love doing this sort of work!
Boz is on spring break this week and hopes to get a ton of stuff done around the house. To be honest, i hope he does too!! LOL!! I'm trying to get off work on Friday so we can at least spend one day together (as I'm trying to save up my days off), and hopefully we can do a little furniture shopping for the room (or at least start seriously looking)!
So not only did we get that surprise, but when i checked our email again this morning i saw that TWO other families had PASSED COURT!! I'm so excited for them!! i have a feeling this is going to be a fantastic week!














7 comments:
Getting closer! So exciting!
I loved reading this because I got to experience that excitement all over again! I was practically jumping up and down when I saw that email!!! It was just what we needed to lift our heavy hearts.
I can't wait to see pictures of your nursery. Sooooooooo exciting!
P.S. I never got a chance to comment when you guys painted the kitchen. Your kitchen looks so much like my in-laws in Michigan that I actually thought it was theirs at first. :-)
So exciting! Completely understand the feeling :)!
AMAZING, Isn't it??!! We are sooo excited;)
This is going to be a great week, indeed!
K
AMAZING, Isn't it??!! We are sooo excited;)
This is going to be a great week, indeed!
K
Such exciting and positive movement, huh?!?!! Here's hoping Boz gets a TON done around the house and that you get Friday off! Now you are on to the FUN part of the waiting! And maybe your waiting wont be much longer!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Such exciting and positive movement, huh?!?!! Here's hoping Boz gets a TON done around the house and that you get Friday off! Now you are on to the FUN part of the waiting! And maybe your waiting wont be much longer!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment