YAY!! We just got an email from Emily ~ it's our "Wait Mailing #3" - I don't know why I'm so excited about this, except to say that it means we're getting closer to our little man!! How can you not be excited about that?! I’ve tried copying the email on here but the format is all wonky and after fighting with Blogger about it for the past hour, I’m giving up. So I’ll give you a brief recap.
This is our third “Waiting” email ~ the first two covered Transracial/Transcultural Parenting and Ethiopian Culture. This one was…. WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU’RE EXPECTING a REFERRAL! Woo-Hoo!!! It covered questions such as: “Which documents could potentially expire while waiting for our referral? Will we need to get immunizations (and which ones) before we travel to Ethiopia? And so much more!
The booklet also gave us a Referral Timeline (which, of course, has been known to change) but at least gives us a better idea on the timing. It talked about the referral information ~ procedures and contents ~ and what happens after you accept the referral. It’s all so very exciting!! I was reading over it on my lunch hour and I found myself getting absolutely GIDDY!
i think my favorite part was the TRAVEL portion. It made everything SO REAL!!! It talked about the timeline and process, working with the travel department.... Suggestions on who to use for booking flights.... how long we can expect to be in country (!!!!)... as well as future costs (but that's not fun so we won't talk about that)... and Travel Health info. Looks like we've got a few more shots to get through. HA!
We're getting closer!!













1 comment:
SOOOOO exciting!! Yahooo!
Post a Comment