March 04, 2011

4 Months DTE!

HAPPY 4 MONTHS DTE!!!


I can’t believe it’s been FOUR months already since our dossier was sent off to Ethiopia. Four Months!? 120 DAYS?!?! The time is FLYING by… yet at the same time, it’s CRAWLING horribly slow. This past week…for the first time…. I started to get antsy. I’ve been doing a great job at not counting days and constantly wondering WHEN it’s going to happen (though I DO stalk the DTE list daily ~ it’s only updated once a week, but I still feel the need to check once, sometimes many times a day!) but for some reason, this week it was beginning to get to me. I have a feeling the next couple months are gonna be a little harder.
On a good note, I’ve never in my life wanted kids ~ funny how God works, as I’m currently trying to figure out how we can fit more kids into our dinky house! ~ so this waiting isn’t all that bad. I love my life. I love my job, I love the freedom that I have. I think life is fabulous. But I also know that with a little dude running around, it will somehow become a thousand times better!! Now the wait BETWEEN trips…. THAT is what’s going to KILL me.

The past two mornings as I’ve been getting ready for work I heard our son’s name on the radio!!! It was completely random as the name we chose for our kiddo isn’t an every-day-run-of-the-mill name. But I heard it. And I heard it twice! I know it doesn’t mean anything (or does it!?) but it still made my morning.

Oh, and NO, we’re not sharing the name just yet. ;-) We’re going to wait until we meet our little man to decide if it will be his FIRST or MIDDLE name. As I’ve said many times, we plan to keep his given name. I couldn’t bear the thought of taking the ONLY thing he has away from him. Especially if he was named by his birth mom! I have a feeling I’ll be calling him by both names. OR… We’ll be calling him, “boz”. LOL!! I mean, why not!? My father-in-law is “BOZ” my husband is “BOZ” why wouldn’t our son be “BOZ” as well? HA HA HA!! I laugh, but I’m a little terrified.

Last month we went to a concert to celebrate our 3 month anniversary. This month we’re heading out to Wheaton to attend an all day Parenting through Adoption conference!! Can you think of a better way to celebrate!? We can’t!

The workshops we’ll be attending are….

Effective Adoptive Parenting Styles
Medical Issues in Adoption
What Needs to be in My Child’s IEP?
The Transracial 10

We plan on taking a ton of notes and will be passing them on in the near future!
Have a FANTASTIC WEEKEND and COME ON REFERRALS!!!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Congrats on your four months mark! Awesome!!! Can't wait until we are celebrating your referral with you!!! God is good!