As many of you know, we sent off our application et al to the USCIS and are hoping for a quick approval. Though it could take as long as 3 months, so we’ll see how things go.
Yesterday I FedEx’d our Dossier Cover Sheet and Power of Attorney to the Indiana Secretary of State for their certification (it arrived this morning!). I’m hoping to have that back by the end of the week (wouldn't THAT be nice!?), or beginning of next week. Not sure how long that takes. Not that it matters too much, we’ll be waiting a while on the USCIS.
Just when I thought we were done with paperwork…. it’s time for ROUND TWO. We’re done with our dossier document (for the time being), now it’s time for the lovely GRANT APPLICATIONS. I started working on these over the weekend and am sad to say, still working on them! They want to know a crap load of information. We’re talking pages and pages of general questions, breakdown of adoption costs, statements of net worth, cash flow, essays, references, statements of faith, copies of check stubs, tax forms, letters from our pastor… I have a headache.I’m just about done applying with TWO organizations (just waiting on that letter from the pastor!), and have a few more I’m currently working on. The main one (the one we’re hoping and praying we get!) is a MATCHING GRANT! It’ll also enable friends/family to donate to our adoption and have their donation be TAX DEDUCTIBLE! How nice would that be!? It could take a few months before we know if we’re approved, but we’re praying we 1) get approved and 2) that it’ll be BEFORE our fundraising dinner! So if you think of it, please pray we're approved!!













3 comments:
Ahhh...love the paper chase! Thankfully, domestic adoption is a little less "invasive"!
Praying that you'll get lots of grants, etc.!!
Christie
YOU GO, GIRL!! Way to be on top of all of this! Praying you get the grants and lots of donations at your dinner! Will keep praying!........
Praying, and expecting great things from our great God! Jehovah Jireh is not his name for nothing!
Post a Comment