Dear Department of Homeland Security,
i write this with the utmost respect for you.... WHY must you be so CRUEL!? Over the weekend i received correspondence from you and i thought it was you letting me know about my biometrics appointment. But that's not what you were writing me about, was it? No, you were simply letting me know that my application and payment was received. *sigh* The text message i got from you at 1:04 A.M. on Thursday, September 16th already told me that. Speaking of which... WHY would you TEXT me that LATE/EARLY!?!? Don't you know i have to be up at 5:00 a.m. for work!?
Rude.
This afternoon i was emailing with my friend, Katie, and we were talking about you and about getting our fingerprints done. Well, that got stuck in my head and it was all i could think about on my ride home tonight. I kept wondering when I would hear from you.
Upon arrival home, i checked the mail and sitting there in a shiny, white envelope was ANOTHER letter from you! Oh my heart!! Knowing it was what i had been waiting for, I tucked you into my jacket, and brought my Dierks out back so he could run around while i sat out back to savored every word you had to say.
That's when it happened. I realized, once again, that you had BROKEN my HEART. Please tell me, WHAT have i EVER DONE TO DESERVE THIS KIND OF TREATMENT!?!? I gave you my home study.... i gave you my MONEY.... and you mock me.
Explain to me WHY you felt the need to send a letter "Acknowledging the Notice" we sent you. Clearly we already knew that. What gives? Do NOT do this to me again. My heart can NOT handle it. If you keep this up, i will be FORCED to break off ANY and ALL communication with you. Don't make me do that. Please.
The next time i hear from you, it had better be in the form of an I-171H. If not.... well.... let's not go there.
Sincerely,
The Girl With the Broken Heart
Mary
6 months ago













2 comments:
Amen sister!!! I can't say I EVER had a love affair with them though. They are the terrorists that kept my application caged in a cardboard box for 3 months. THREE!!! Biometrics were done 10 months BEFORE. NO kidding. I divorced them and had to have our Senator run an intervention as we were barely on speaking terms. But since then I have heard they have been treating others with more passion - clearly they haven't changed their evil ways.... :)
Oh my goodness, how I share your frustration with this dear office called USCIS. So many "notification" letters that were unnecessary!! In fact, we got so many of those, that I did not even REALIZE that my i-171 had come! I just thought it was another silly letter from them. :)
By the way, I actually stopped by to let you know that you WON my giveaway!!! Email me your address, and I'll get this beautiful canvas to you! (chelsea@hischase.org)
Post a Comment