September 24, 2010

It Just Became Personal!!

Boz coaches girls volleyball and he got back late from a game last night. Before he had a chance to get comfy, I dragged him to our home office, so he could answer a few questions (I’m working on more grant applications), sign a few things and I could read him the letter I wrote (see the post below, if you haven’t already). As I was reading the letter I kept hearing snickering behind me – apparently he got a kick out of it. LOL!

When I was done bombarding him, he headed out to the living room. That’s when I remembered that he had also gotten a letter from Homeland Security. So I walked to let him know and waited around while he opened it. After reading it, he looked at me and asked if I was kidding. HUH!? Kidding about what? Then he told me HIS letter was letting him know that HE HAD AN APPOINTMENT TO BE FINGERPRINTED!!! What the WHAT!? SHUT UP, IT WAS NOT!! So I grabbed it out of his hand and could not believe it!! Again he asked if I was just kidding ~ he thought I had gotten the same letter (because he hadn’t actually SEEN mine) and that I was messing with him the whole time! After going back and forth on that for a while, we nearly died laughing!! We both agreed that this way by far, the FUNNIEST part of our adoption experience. We were dying the rest of the night, and still this morning.

Homeland Security, it just became personal.

1 comment:

jkseevers said...

YEAH!! That was super fast:) Soo EXCITED for you guys!! Sooo.... when is it? Soon? or a few weeks out?!!
Hopefully that means we're right behind you:)!!
Ka