September 22, 2010

Dinner Talk

Monday night we met up with Chris, Carla and Ray Tambrini (our caterer) to go over our ideas for the fundraising dinner. It was such a GREAT meeting! When we left, we were so excited about doing this!! Ray had some really great ideas – I’m not sure we’ll be able to work everything in, but it was wonderful working with someone who has done this many, many times and had a lot of useful input!

We’ve decided on a theme for our evening…. we’re calling it….. An EVENING in ETHIOPIA. So Excited about this!! Right now we’re working on getting invitations together to send out as soon as possible. We only have about 7 weeks left to get everything done. YIKES!!

A HUGE SHOUT OUT goes out to CHRIS & CARLA for hooking us up with our Executive Chef, Ray Tambrini!!!! After meeting with him, there is no doubt that we made an awesome decision in using him. He’s working with us Friday night (getting things set up) and Saturday, and the most incredible part… he’s not going to charge us. We’ll obviously cover the cost of the food, but that’s it! Are you kidding me!? INCREDIBLE!!

We’ll also be having a SILENT AUCTION that evening. If any of my lovely readers want to contribute something towards it, we would REALLY APPRECIATE IT!! Maybe we can work something out?? If you’re a fellow adoptive family and are doing a fundraiser, care to donate that item? We’ll be more than happy to get your name/blog/info out to others who are at the dinner. Who knows, it may generate more traffic to your blog!? Just a thought.

Have I mentioned how EXCITED I am about this dinner!?!? I hope everyone else will be as well!!!!

3 comments:

jkseevers said...

that is awesome! A friend of mine is having a tea fundraiser at the end of Oct for us!! EEEKKKK! I'm so excited!

Michelle said...

What a great idea! LOVE IT!

Kelly said...

Hi Jodes and Boz,
We would be happy to donate a "got love?" item to you if that would bring in some money! I think it carries a more limited audience than something like jewelry, but we would love to help you raise money for your adoption. We are all in this together!! Let us know! Can't wait to hear about your dinner--great idea!