May 14, 2010

Next Step

Right now we’re in the process of finding an agency to do our home study. There are only TWO that AWAA works with in the state of Indiana. Unfortunately neither are close. One is in Evansville (5 hours away) the other is in Indianapolis (2.5 hours away). As you can see, we don’t have a lot of options here. I contacted AWAA to see if they could recommend some agencies in Illinois – with hopes of finding a closer one. I thought for sure they’d have something in Chicago! But they didn’t. Again, the closest one was over 2 hours away. So obviously we’re sticking with Indiana.

We’ve contacted both places for information, but neither have been overly helpful with getting info out to us. I take that back. Dave has spoken with people from both agencies, and one place has been fairly helpful. Dave is going to give them a call this afternoon and try to get additional information and hopefully we’ll get something started soon. I’m assuming we’ll be going with the one in Indianapolis. I don’t have a great vibe either way, so either one will work.

In other news, now that our adoption agency had received our paperwork and agreement, we’ll be assigned a Family Coordinator! She’ll be the one working with us through the remainder of our journey. We should be hearing from her within the next week or so regarding the next steps.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love getting to walk this step by step with you! So thrilling and so great for us to learn from ! Thanks for leading the way! Praying!

Michelle said...

Looking forward to following you guys! Are you on the AWAA yahoo group also?