May 27, 2010

Come On People.

Here's how it went down. I was at my desk working on updating my passport information (my passport is still in my maiden name) when one of our vendors walked in.

Eric: What’cha working on? Going somewhere? (he saw me working on my passport stuff)

Me: Yep, Ethiopia

Eric: Why there?

Me: We’re in the process of adopting.

Eric: Why Ethiopia?

Me: I told him a little bit of why.

Eric: I thought it had something to do with Madonna.

Me: Um. No.

Eric: Well be careful when you go. You’re blonde with blue eyes. (then he said something I didn’t
quite catch)

Me: Uh. Okay.

Yes, Eric, I saw Madonna do this and i have to do what she does. *sigh*
I'm viewing this as a MINOR victory given as he didn't say, "Sorry, i didn't know you weren't able to have your own kids" - which sadly, i still get a lot. Some people still don't *get* that/why we want to start our family by adopting.

And seriously, the least he could have done was compare us to Angelina & Brad. I mean, we're clearly just like them... sort....ish.
Close resemblance, no?
Yah. i didn't think so.

1 comment:

Julie said...

uhmmmm..... duh, you guys are TOTALY brangelina....... yeah, i absolutely see the stunning resemble......
ok, ok... i'm full of it.... i just wanted to let you know that I think you guys have celebrity status... after all, i look to you for advice, i admire you, you're so cool and (at this rate anyway) I'll never get to see you in person....
yup, total celebrities.....

~J~