July 07, 2011

Three C's - Cousins, Craigslist & Care Packages

We have a bed for A’s room (our daybed that used to be in the guest room) but have been looking for a dresser for about 3 weeks now (you know, since we found out we were getting a daughter as well!!) And that’s when I saw it….. an adorable little set on Craigslist. Within an hour I had contacted the seller and Boz was on his way out to pick it up (they’d gotten a LOT of calls on the set and I didn’t want to miss out)!! We make such an amazing team. We now have 2 dressers (one short and long, the other tall), a mirror for one of the dressers, desk (not pictured), hutch and a night stand! Granted it won’t all fit in the room… but we’ll see what does! LOL!! For what we paid, we practically stole the stuff. I love finding deals!!

Yes, as you can see, it needs a little TLC ~ fresh coat of paint, and we either need to strip the hardware (it’s currently purple!), or pick up some new ones. Hardware gets expensive though, so I might try stripping the drawer pulls and picking up some new knobs. I’ve been jonesing for some adorable glass knobs….and now what I have a little girl I can finally get them! Woo-HOO!! I think it’ll look fabulous when we’re done!! I am really excited to get started on this project. I figure Boz has done enough painting lately, now it’s my turn! Now all we need is to decide on a color. We have a metal bed that’s an off-white-ish and have blue walls. I’m wanting to do the room in spring colors (blues, pinks, greens, yellows). Part of me is leaning towards painting the dresser a pretty green color… hmm…. Thoughts? Maybe do a green/white combo for Illiana!? For those that don’t know, that’s where Boz teaches/coaches. LOL!! I don’t think we’ll actually do that though.

In other news… We mailed out our first care package to our kiddos!!! And it’ll be heading to Ethiopia with our dear friends, the Seevers. You can’t even imagine how much stuff we were able to cram into a gallon sized Ziplock!!





This weekend we’re going to practice being parents! We’re watching my nephew Friday afternoon – Saturday afternoon. He’s such a great little kid, so I have a feeling we’ll do alright. We’ll see. Also, he loves our A&Z!! Last time he was over he was walking around with Z’s picture and was kissing it and kept saying, “cute” ~ Aww… They’re decently close in age, so it’ll be fun seeing those two together someday.

Speaking of nieces/nephews…. My younger sister showed her kids a picture of their new cousins, and their response: “Awww….they’re SO CUTE!!! …… who are they?” HAHAHA!! That had us laughing for days. And when Joanie told her kids that we were coming out to show them pictures… my niece asked, “they’re gonna be black, right?” Joanie told her, “yes”. And Haven said, “Okay, good! Whew” LOL!!! Again, not sure what that means but we all got another chuckle! And my sweet nephew, Harrison was a little confused because he thought they were coming from Africa. He saw a picture of them near the TH porch and got confused because he thought they lived in huts! In his defense, both my sister and brother-in-law have been to Africa (a few times) and in all the pictures they’ve shown him, there were huts.


And of course you can’t beat some of the older nieces/nephew’s on Boz’s side who are able to send us countless texts with how adorable our kids are! I’m telling ya, our little ones are going love having all these cousins! Between our 6 (3 sisters each) sisters we have 18 nieces and nephews! And most are super close in age with ours! We’re talking months apart! It’ll be overwhelming at first… but great fun in the future!

Still no word on our court date. I’m hoping we find out in the next couple days. Though I guess it’s only been a week since we found out they were going to submit our paperwork. I’m still somewhat hopeful for a July/August date… but as each day passes… my hopes get a little crushed. I shouldn’t say crushed… but maybe I become a little more realistic? Regardless if we go now or in October/ November (please don’t let it be November!!!) I’ll be happy (unless its November). While I would of course love to meet my kids NOW… I’ll be alright if we have to wait. Right now it sounds like MOWYCA is a little behind on their acceptance letters… so even if we DID go to court this month… who’s to say we’d pass? I keep telling myself, if we go in October we’ll be one of the first travel groups and surely we’ll pass court on our first try (famous last words)! Also, I think it’d be really hard on me to meet my son and daughter then have to leave them for a few months should we not pass court. Anyway. I’m rambling. I’ll keep you posted on our court date.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful set! I have been wondering what you were going to do for your sweet daughters room! How exciting to get to plan for your little girl - so unexpectedly!

Candace

Michelle said...

Just so so excited for you all! How truly great God is and how awesome your family is! Can't wait until you are all together! Love the care packages!

Tiffygator said...

I love the set!

And can I just thank you for using the word "jonesing". Every time I say that word my mom thinks I'm nuts and since she has a HUGE vocabulary I was really starting to think I just made it up. :-)

Still praying for a court date for you guys!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that dresser set!!! And how fun to WORK on them for your DAUGHTER!!!! WHOO HOO! :) LOVE all the work you've been putting into your kiddos rooms! Can't wait to see what the girly one will look like! :) And I LOVE the idea of a green dresser! thought of this when I read your colors :)
http://pinterest.com/pin/59770000/

praying for a CD!!!

Danielle said...

so so cute! I love the dresser set- craigslist is so great =)

what I can't wait for is when you have the kiddos at home and I come over and babysit! haha just kidding. (but really...) ;)