July 25, 2011

Shout Out to the Greatest Husband EVER!

In about a month Boz goes back to work. I love that he has his summers off…. i love even more that he can work on my honey-do list!! ;-)

When we first began this adoption process, we thought for sure we’d have our son home by the summer, giving us plenty of time to work on attachment. Clearly that has not happened. But again, that was OUR plan, and as we’ve been witnessing, His plan is Oh-So-Much BETTER!! Waiting to see what He has in store for us next!!

We do, however, see this as a blessing. It’s given us a chance to really get things ready for not only our son… but our daughter as well!! When I say “us” I mostly mean ‘Boz’.

To name a few of the projects he’s tackled this summer (7weeks)….. He has…..

*taken down the flower border in our living room and hallway.
*taken down the striped wall paper from under the chair rail in the living room and hallway.
*painted the living room and hall way (painted the chair rail a different color as well).
*painted A***’s bedroom
*re-painted A***’s bedroom about a week later ~ THANKS, HUN!
*re-arranged our bedroom to fit both dressers (one was previously kept in A***’s room)
*purchased furniture and set up her room
*set up a playroom in the basement ~ this has been a huge hit with the nieces and nephews!
*re-arranged the basement
*become a garage sale addict ~ scoring us some pretty amazing finds for the kids
*and just yesterday purchased new flooring for the kitchen ~ hoping he and his best friend can get this installed relatively soon

Those are just some of the bigger things he’s done for us this summer! We’re not even counting the trips he’s made to Chicago to visit me at work, the times he’s cleaned the entire house, the numerous vet appointments for Dierks, his waking up early to drive me to the train (and then picking me up!), and just the basics that make my life so much better.

I’m so incredibly lucky to have this boy in my life. There’s no one else I would rather be doing any of this with! I swear we were made for each other. If he treats those kids with half the love and respect he shows me… whew…. they’re gonna have it made. We’re going to have the greatest family EVER!! i love you, babe!



(if you click on the picture, then click on the one that comes up, you can see just how blue his eyes are! He has Superman eyes.) I doubt anyone will actually do this. LOL!!!

1 comment:

Joanie, Billy, Harrison, Haven, Hudson, and Holden said...

Yay for Boz!! He is definitely a catch! You are a lucky girl! Oh, and I didn't need to make the picture bigger, I know he has the bluest eyes ever!