I just fell in love with two of the most adorable little boys. They’re on our agency’s Waiting Children List (where they have kids with various needs ranging from hearing/vision problems to HIV positive, and children over the age of five years). I suppose they’re considered not as desirable as others… but I think they’re wrong. ;-) I will occasionally check out the list and today I accidentally fell in love. To be honest, I fell in love one other time, with a little guy named Adonis . . which I am so excited to announce that he’s on his way to having his own forever family!! Wow, I actually teared up writing that.
But today I fell in love with brothers ~ a 1 year old and an 8 year old. The minute I saw and read about them I immediately emailed Boz the info and called him to tell him he had to check his email. I’m half tempted to call our social worker to see how we’d go about changing our age range from 0-4yrs to 0-8yrs. I wish you could see them! For those who are with AWAA, you know who I’m talking about!
I’m not saying it’ll work out, but I do know that their picture is going up on our fridge. If we can’t parent these little ones, you better believe I’ll be praying for parents to step up who will…. We did that with a few of the other kids too. I have a feeling they won’t be on the list long.
I wish we had a house big enough for ALL the kids who need parents. Or at least 10…. 12…..16…. whatever.
We’ve actually talked about that. Where once we’re done with this adoption (and the many to follow ~ hee hee) we’d love to be a in position, financially, where we could REALLY help out others who want to adopt. That’s one of our goals in life. If it’s not us adopting, we want to be able to help others who are. Maybe someday. . . Until then, have a picture of two little boys I need to go stare at some more!!
Mary
6 months ago













5 comments:
What a sweet heart God has given you! It is a wonderful thing when the children on the wait lists are taken off, meaning their family has found them. Keep praying--you never know!! :)
Totally with you on the supporting others. I am always so discouraged when people say they would adopt if it didn't cost so much! What joy to hand them a check and say...now put your words into action!!!
that's awesome, Jody! Who knows? Maybe these little guys ARE the ones that God has picked out just for you...
I'll be praying for you guys!
Any word on your I171 yet? Our fingerprinting is in 10 days. Super excited:)
Also, I know what you mean Megan about being "addicted to adoption" Jeff has already said that if we only bring one child home, we're going to turn right around and start the paperwork again for a second. Clearly God's doing something amazing in us!!
Hugs, Jody!
Katie
Those boys look so, so sweet! As soon as I saw them I thought the same thing - "they wont be on there long". Keep us updated!!
I know EXACTLY how you feel! We've gotten 2 referrals so far (both biracial boys, 1.5 and 2.5 years old (unrelated)) and I can't stop thinking about them or looking at the pictures that I have. It's overwhelming and the anxiousness is killing me!!
Can't wait to see how things unfold!
Oh.My.GOODNESS!!!!! They are SOOOOO precious! I LOVE how God draws families together! I will join you in prayer for these sweet precious boys! And, God willing, will celebrate with you if they get to come home to YOU GUYS FOREVER!!!!
Your heart is wonderful, and I know you will celebrate for them whichever way it goes. Me too! (but will ask God to bring them to you, if it is His will!) BIG HUGS TO YOU!
Post a Comment