Here is the latest UNICEF estimate on the number of orphans:
163 MILLION.
Let that sink in for a minute.
163 Million KIDS.
163 Million FACES.
163 Million NAMES.
163 Million HUGS that won't be happening.
163 Million BED TIME STORIES that won't be read.
163 Million children who will be going to sleep tonight dreaming of having a family all their own.
163 Million kids ALONE.
163 Million kids AFRAID.
These aren't just numbers. These are little kids. Kids like Hudson, Reygann, Ben, Anna. . .
Think about your child, your neice/nephew, grandkid. Get their picture in your head. Can you imagine what life would be like for them if they didn't have you, didn't have parents, aunts/uncles, grandparents to look after them?
Can you imagine how alone, sad and terrified they'd be?
NO ONE to look after them, NO ONE to protect them, NO ONE to LOVE them.... feed them.... clothes them.... play with them... teach them.... NO. ONE.
163 Million Orphans.
I hate that OUR SON is part of that number. Right now, our little man is ALONE. It breaks my heart that our little one(s) will have to go through so much PAIN and LOSS in their young lives. Adoption is a BEAUTIFUL thing, but it comes at a GREAT PRICE.
163 Million Orphans. . .














3 comments:
I hate it. I get so caught up in the Blog World and have hope based on the number of families that I follow. Families that are answering the orphan call. And then the number increases.
When is the church going to step up and start acting like we care. We ALL need to be in on this, not just some.
Praying for opened hearts and minds.
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN to what Christie said. Stats say that if only 2% of professing christians would adopt there would be no more orphans in the world! Maybe we aren't all called to adopt but God commands us to look after orphans and widows. If only we would see more Christians stepping up to assist those wanting to adopt. Adopted kids aren't just being saved physically but more importantly- ETERNALLY! Thanks for speaking up Jody! Angi Cooper DTE 08/19/10
Its been awhile since I have read your blog and I forget how much I enjoy it!
Hope all is well and I will definetly start checking it on a regular basis!
Angela Ditchen
www.dailyditch.blogspot.com
Post a Comment