October 05, 2010

Biometrics - DONE!

Yesterday was such a fabulous day, we started the day off with going to one of our favorite places for breakfast. After stuffing ourselves silly, we headed out to Crown Point to get another copy of my background check. If you recall, I had done this about a month ago, but found several spelling mistakes, and extra digits in my social and zip. When we got to the Sheriff’s office they remembered me (not sure if that’s a good thing or not!) and I explained to them what had happened and they felt horrible. So after apologizing a number of times, they printed out another letter and had us proofread it before getting it signed and notarized. I think Boz and I read over it 6 times…. JUST TO BE SURE! A few minutes later we had my background check in hand and we headed out.

Michigan City, here we come!
Luckily I had read this post a few weeks before (you SERIOUSLY NEED TO FOLLOW THAT LINK - It. Is. HILARIOUS! So I knew what to expect. What I wasn’t expecting was to get LOST!! We had punched in the address into our handy, little GPS, only it lead us to a bunch of condos. That ain’t right! At the entrance there was even a sign saying, this is NOT the immigration office. HA HA HA!! Clearly we weren’t the only ones who had gotten lost. Down the street was a lovely man who gave us directions to the actual office and we were once again on our way. Only now we had about 5 minutes to get there. We were getting nervous! I HATE being late.

Finally we pulled up into the deserted strip mall (we're talking creepy deserted, there were only about 4 other offices/stores there, one of them being Planned Parenthood - that just stuck me as odd), found where we needed to be and before parking Boz drove me to the door and kicked me out (he didn’t want me to be even later!). He’s a sweetie. As soon as I walked in I nearly laughed (refer back to that link). I spoke to the security guard and he gave me a form to fill out. I was almost done with that by the time Boz came in. It seriously only took 2 minutes to fill out. Then we gave the clipboard to the receptionist who magically appeared out of nowhere. In this whole place, it was just me, Boz and the Guard… and now the receptionist who was helping us. She filled out a few things on our form, then called a friend to do Boz’s fingerprints. I swear within 5 minutes we were done. As she was scanning my prints I told her how disappointed I was that they didn’t use ink anymore, as I thought that’d be a fabulous picture! She clearly prefers the digital scan. LOL!!

On our way out the door Boz and I couldn’t help but laugh at how stressed we were about making our appointment, as it was pretty obvious that we could have been 3 days late and it wouldn’t have made a difference. HA!! The best part, however, was when we got back into the car. We started the engine and began to leave the parking lot when we heard it. Do you have any idea what song was playing on the radio!? Get this…. FINGERPRINTS of GOD by Steven Curtis Chapman (who just so happens to have also adopted from our agency!). WE WERE BLOWN AWAY!! Yet again, God confirming that we’re in His will. You gotta love that!

Never has there been and never again
Will there be another you
Fashioned by God's hand and perfectly planned
To be just who you are
And what He's been creating
Since the first beat of your heart
Is a living, breathing
Priceless work of art

And I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece that all creation
Quietly applauds
And you're covered with
The fingerprints of God

Just look at you
You're a wonder in the making
And God's not through
In fact, He's just getting started!



2 comments:

Lisa said...

So glad everything turned out well!
Love that song and how perfect is His timing in playing it for you!
And... I was ready for some words on great deals found in Michigan City at the outlet mall! :) LOL, I've been there twice and it was lots of fun! :)
Congrats! One more step out of the way!

Kelly said...

Love that the Lord sends us comfort and confirmation during our journeys!! We had a very similar fingerprinting experience in WV--it was just us and a 80+ yr. old guard!! Still...great to have it done!! One step closer!