November 21, 2011

While you guys are out scooping up some amazing Black Friday deals, or perhaps sleeping off that extra turkey from the day before… Boz and I are going to be on a plane heading to DC!! Notice I said D.C. and nothing more. Instead of flying there and hopping on a plane to Ethiopia like last time, we’re going to be spending the day/night in DC and flying out the next morning (Saturday). That wasn’t our original plan, but it’s going to save us some money... so YAY!!

We will fly out and arrive in Addis Ababa Sunday morning. I’m GUESSING we’ll drop off our luggage like last time and head to the transition home to see the kiddos and to bring them back to the Yebsabi Guest House with us. We should be receiving our itinerary and {gulp} total cost of the in-country travel package tomorrow. We’re praying it’ll be on the lower end, as most everything else has been on the high end.

Hard to believe a week from now we’ll have already been a family of four for 2 days!!




I started packing over the weekend, and I need to pick up a few more short sleeve shirts for Miss A and I think that’s about it!! On my lunch hour I bravely navigated the ethnic hair aisle and armed with emails and tips from friends I think I’ve got what we’ll be needing. LOL!! Though time will tell. I am determined to get a nod of approval from the Yebsabi staff. I’ll let you know how that goes.

We decided to bail on Thanksgiving this year as I’m sure we’ll be doing 2397 last minute things. Though a teacher/coach/friend graciously offered to let us crash their dinner should we need a break. Super sweet of them, especially as they only live a few blocks away! Our plan is to have everything packed up (I packed up the kids’ stuff this weekend) and to do a deep cleaning on the house. We’re talking washing the carpets, tossing the cushions of the couch in the wash and everything. I have a feeling we’ll be up early and working late.

Saturday I washed the kiddo’s sheets and made up their beds. It was crazy. I was actually making their beds and getting them ready for ‘em. In a week or so, two little kiddos are going to be sleeping in those beds!! Or will be eventually, we’re still hoping to purchase that cot on Amazon so we can put that in A’s room so they can sleep together until they’re ready to be in their own rooms. I imagine it’ll be quite an adjustment ~ as will everything else!


P.S. this is just the comforter for A's bed - i will be putting my quilt back on top... i think.... ;-) And yes. that is wrapping paper behind her bed. lol. Probably should find a new spot for that.

8 comments:

Deb said...

I'm so excited for you I can't stand it!

Hannah said...

How exciting! Good luck with the last minute preparations and safe travels!

Barb said...

How exciting! Have a safe trip and can't wait to see more pictures of your new family.

Jessica said...

Sooo excited for you guys!!! Love Atikilt's comforter. Have a safe trip, we'll be praying for the four of you! :-)

Danielle said...

:) :) :) I cannot believe it is finally here. They're finally going to be HOME with you! FINALLY!!! I'll be praying praying praying that everything goes smoothly and that A&Z feel completely loved and at ease with you guys for the awfuly long ride back home!

Debb said...

SUPER EXCITED for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures of all of you together AT HOME!!!! The beddings look so sweet!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Rebecca said...

So what's going on? Are you home with your beautiful children? I need pictures, details!

ifrozkrish said...

Can't wait to see pictures of all of you together AT HOME!!!! Sooo excited for you guys!!!