February 27, 2012

Anyone Around??

Hi. Remember me!?!? I would be shocked to hear if anyone even checks this blog anymore.

I had planned on blogging once we brought our cuties home, but the more I thought about it, and the more time I spent with Atikilt and Zinabu, the more I realized I needed/wanted to be with them…all of me….100%. So I quit writing up blogs in my head and immersed myself in being a mommy for the first time.

Can I just tell you, being a Mommy works for me!! I absolutely LOVE it. So much more than I ever thought possible.

I will do my best to get everyone up to speed {soon}, but for now I’ll leave you with this… the 12 weeks I was able to spend at home were absolutely amazing. Being able to be there, hands on, watching them grow, hearing them pick up English, watching them open up and explore new things…. Well, it’s something I wouldn’t trade for the world. I am one truly blessed momma.

I’m sure most everyone has seen pictures on facebook or in person, but here are pictures of them taken each month from the time we got our referral. It’s fun seeing them change so much. Fun and a little sad.


I was going to list the month, but the format is all wonky. i think you can figure it out.


The FIRST picture we ever saw of them:











































































































































































The picture with Zinabu in the yellow shirt was from when we were there for our Court Trip. The one following with us holding them was our Embassy Trip and when we brought them home.


This picture was taken over the weekend. Atikilt saw the dress hanging in her closet and asked to try it on. We were more than happy to let them try on their traditional outfits, though once they had them on, we both couldn't help but tear up.



How blessed are we that we get to raise these two!?!?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO wonderful to get a quick update! I thought for sure you decided to quit for good--understandably. I am so glad you didn't! Love to hear how this transition has gone. Congratulations to each of you!

Julie said...

I'm still here... When I get emailed your updates that is. :0)

Danielle said...

:) wooohoooo! don't worry, even if there aren't weekly updates on here, I'm still creeping your facebook wall daily ;)

Kat said...

Oh! Though my brain may now be a puddle on the floor (smile), I am still around and so glad I checked in today! You children are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Kimberly said...

I still follow the blog!

I catch some updates/pictures on facebook, but it's nice to read posts on here too :)

Barb said...

I started following before you went and have been hoping for updates! The children are beautiful! We have been thinking about adopting from Ethiopia lately, seeing your two makes me want to even more. Do you mind telling me what agency you used, there are so many! Congratulations and I love the pictures!

Barb said...

oops i see your agency on the side! will have to check them out!

Anonymous said...

Yay i wondered recently how you guys were doing. Im glad to see everything is going great. Thanks for the post.

Julie said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA, glad you are back!!!! even though I see them on facebook, it's nice to read about your family on here!!!!

trevsmom said...

I still check and we are soo thrilled for you guys....we are looking forward to meeting them soon! :-)

Brandy Wade said...

You're back!! I hadn't checked this in ages, because I thought you had stopped. I'm so glad you've started again. The kids are BEAUTIFUL! Just precious. : )

Michelle Wegner said...

Whitney and I are just looking at your little darlings. I can't get over how much alike they look in some of these pics, and the glow that progresses in their eyes over time...as they learn they are LOVED by an amazing family. Congrats again to you.

Unknown said...

:) was thinking of you guys tonight, and thought I'd reminisce on your blog. It's so obvious God had his hands all over this entire process for you guys!

miss ya'all!