June 28, 2010

Prayer Requests

A quick couple prayer requests:

1. I can’t see past Wednesday of next week, but so far that week (the week of our yard sale!) is looking to be in the mid-80’s and RAINY/STORMY! Please pray for beautiful weather.

2. Pray also that God will bring people to our yard sale! We’ve had so many come and support us with donations, but they don’t do much good unless we have a huge turnout and get them sold.

3. Our Home Study. *sigh* One of the main reasons we decided to go with St. Elizabeth is because they have a social worker that lived 30 minutes from us in Valparaiso. Awesome. But then a social worker called us this morning to set up a meeting, but she’s didn’t know where our “219” area code was. She clearly isn’t from Valpo (as they have the same zip as us). That was a little frustrating.

**UPDATE**So after another voicemail they called us back and will be hooking us up with the girl they originally had us working with (Kelly). This woman was nice and apologize quite a bit for the mess up. Which is great, but now we have to wait for them to get the paperwork out to our social worker. It’s a little disheartening, but we know that it will all work out in the end. Glitches are common with international adoption and if I’m gonna get freaked out about this…. Ha! Heaven help me. Still it’s a bummer.

4. My Car. One thing that I REALLY HATE about adoption is that MONEY is the ONLY thing standing in the way of us being with our son. That being said, my car decided that now would be a good time to act up. It was acting all wonky for a few days and last Wednesday as I was driving to work the ‘check engine’ light came on. That alone doesn’t scare me, but that combined with the way it’s been driving = Not Good. We have it scheduled to be check out on Wednesday. I’m hoping it’s a simple thing like bad gas (done laughing yet!?) or something else that is not very serious. Pray my car gets fixed and that we don't have to dip into our Adoption Savings to fix it!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

PRAYING!!! I hear you on the money. My hubby and I have set up a tshirt fundraiser that other adoptive families can use to raise money. If that would help you at all go here http://amomentcherished.blogspot.com/p/fundraiser-for-adoptive-parents.html