June 29, 2010

Lawrence - Our Newest Addition

Boz and I decided a while ago that we wanted to do our little man’s room in a safari theme (safari and sports) . It was around this time, that we came across a stuff giraffe online that we just HAD TO HAVE! We thought it’d be PERFECT in our son’s room. That was until we saw the price - $99. There was NO WAY we could fathom spending that much on a stuffed animal, that let’s be honest, we wouldn’t let our kid play with. HA HA!! Hey, it’s a decoration. Anyway… after seeing that price we gave up on that dream. Though we did tell sisters to keep an eye out for tall, stuffed giraffes at garage sales. Right. Like they’d ever come across something like that.

Over the weekend Boz and I hit up a few garage sales, mostly to get an idea on how people were pricing their items. We hit a few and saw a sign for another but skipped it, we had a pretty good idea on what people were asking. So we drove a few more blocks and saw another sign, so we decided to check it out anyway (it ended up being the same one we had just skipped). As we were pulling up and parking the following conversation took place:

Boz: Oh my gosh! Do you see it!?
Me: Huh?
Boz: DO YOU SEE IT!? DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?
Me: Noo…
Boz: You don’t see it!?
Me: What are you …. AAAHHH!!!!!!

Standing at the end of this couple’s driveway was the CUTEST stuffed giraffe! I literally RAN from the car, and hugged the silly thing. I’m sure the others thought I was nuts, but there was NO WAY I was letting it out of my sight.

The best part, it was the EXACT SAME BRAND as the one we had been looking at online. And it was in PERFECT SHAPE!! AAANNNNDDD it didn’t cost $99 (plus shipping), it was a mere $5. Now that was something we could afford!

We told the couple having the sale that we had been looking for this silly thing and how we were in the process of adopting from Ethiopia... they were so excited for us!!

It's hard to tell, but this little guy is 5' tall!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I LOVE it!

Debb said...

I LOVE how God hears and cares about even our littlest desires! Cool how He got you to go to the sale, even when you tried to skip it first time around! :o)

Aren't love notes from God AWESOME!??! Now you have something that you can actually touch and hold when you feel the need to hold your child and dream of the day you are a family forever! ENJOY! :)