March 10, 2010

Two Trips!?

I don’t like days like today. Days where I read things that cause me to worry. I read that effective March 1st, the Ethiopian government has mandated that all cases who haven’t been to court yet, will require the adopting family to travel TWICE!! Okay, now things like that scare me a bit.

Where we are right now, I’m already wondering how we’ll even be able to afford the FIRST trip. Boz and I are READY and WILLING to do whatever it takes to bring our child(ren) home. However, we are not financially ABLE. And sadly, with international adoptions, that’s a HUGE issue. Probably the #1 obstacle standing in the way of people who want to adopt. And I get that. It’s a HUGE, DAUNTING number. There have been many, many times when I want to break down and cry over it. It can be overwhelming. But I have to remind myself, that if this truly is God’s will (which we believe it is!) then He’s got it under control. We just have to have Faith. Don’t get me wrong, we’re going to be working our tails off, but at the end, He’s got our back.


I’ve seen on a few other blogs that “If it’s God’s will, it’s God’s bill” – I like that. I have to DAILY, sometimes HOURLY remind myself that I need to let go of this fear, and turn it over to God. In the four years we’ve been married, we have seen God’s hand in our lives, in so many ways. There were times when we weren’t sure how a bill was going to get paid, and right when we needed it, it was there. God has ALWAYS provided for us, there’s no way He’s going to stop now. It’s my prayer that at the end of this journey, we will have the most amazing testimony. I can’t wait to see, and share, how God’s hand has been in every detail of the process. I want to look back and be completely amazed and humbled. And give all the glory to God.


** Now that i've had time to process this, the ONLY thing i'm worried about with the 2nd trip, is the cost (and possible time off for Boz). i think it will totally blow getting to meet our child, then having to leave, and be home for a few months before getting to go back and pick them up. That part is going to suck big time. But that's how it works in a lot of other countries. So we'll just deal with it. Though i have to say, the one travel date WAS one of the things we liked about the Ethiopian program. On a POSITIVE NOTE: Since we'll be meeting our little one prior to court, they'll be able to enter the country as US Citizens (at least from what i understand).

2 comments:

Kat said...

I know this seems insurmountable, but we have NEVER gone through an adoption with the funds already...never. God has provided every penny (like you said). Don't hesitate to email me and, if you need to fund raise, we will help however we can. Don't worry, God's got your back, front, and sideways...man can't put a glitch in HIS plans....:)

Michelle said...

Sorry about the discouraging news. Pray that you will find comfort, strength and guidance in the Lord!