Okay, I’m about to say something, and I would prefer not to be judged. *Ahem* I’m actually excited about the new Health Care Reform. There. I said it. Now let me QUICKLY follow that up by saying WHY.
The Adoption Tax Credit.
This credit was scheduled to sunset at the end of this year. It was then going to revert back its pre-2001 dollar limit of $5,000. That would have SUCKED. I haven’t touched on the financial aspect of international adoption yet.... but let’s just say that it’s not exactly cheap. But that’s another post for another time.
However.... there’s GREAT NEWS for adopting families – the tax credit has been extended until the end of 2011!!! ANNNDD has increased from the now $12,170 to $13,170*!! WOO-HOO!!! Now we just have to get this adoption started and finished before the end of next year!!
*If I recall (from one of our online webinars we watched a while ago) we won’t be eligible for the FULL amount ourselves (due to income limitations), but it’ll still be more than we thought we’d be getting!!! So that’s pretty huge! Again, assuming we get everything done on time. But that’s not something I’m going to worry about. It’s all in God’s timing.
Mary
6 months ago













No comments:
Post a Comment