We got an email from our travel coordinator letting us know that she’s is working on our travel plans!! Apparently they’ve been waiting to finalize the price (gulp) until they knew if any other court families were going to be traveling with us…. Sadly, there are none that they know of (we’re still hoping that changes!). So by the end of the week they should be sending us our price and arrival packet!!! This makes me so nervous. Excited (terribly excited!!) and nervous.
One good thing (the only good thing?) about being the only family traveling ~ she was able to schedule our travel conference call for a time that worked for us. So Friday at noon we’ll be discussing….um… well, traveling I suppose.
I feel like I should have a list of questions to be asking, but I don’t. Not yet at least. That’s the downside, if we were traveling with others, I’m sure they’d come up with good questions to ask. LOL!! So. For those who have BTDT, what questions were asked, what questions should I be asking that I’m not thinking of? Any? Boz and I are pretty much, go with the flow, type of people. Only there’s no flow (as we’ll be alone) LOL!! We’ll probably step off the plane, grab Jonas and Yob’s hands and have them lead us around for the week. :-) Okay, so we’re not that bad… I don’t think. I’ll let you know how it plays out.
OH! One thing some of you can pray for…. We had to get an addendum to our home study done. We sent that out this afternoon to Indy to be state certified. Once that’s done, we’ll need to send it to D.C. to be authenticated. Then back to our agency and over to Ethiopia. I know this doesn’t sound like a huge deal or anything, but can we pray this all goes smoothly?? And is done in a TIMELY fashion. We’ll need this paperwork in order to pass court. So it’d be great if it could be there waiting for us when we arrive.
Also, only 50% of people actually pass court the first time. We’re praying we’re one of the 50%!!! If we don’t pass, we’ll still fly home as planned. We’ll then have an AWAA representative be our power of attorney. People usually don’t pass b/c of a missing document… or the court decides they want more information…. or the MOWYCA approval letter wasn’t there… so many things really. So please pray with us that we’ll pass with flying colors and can legally be A & Z’s momma and poppa (or whatever we choose to call ourselves).
We leave in 17 days. I suppose I should start packing.
Mary
6 months ago













5 comments:
We will volunteer to go with you! : )
Maybe they are hoping for some more court dates this week....
so excited for you guys!!
I don't think I started packing until like the week before...total procrastinator...Also, while you are there, see if you can go see your kids' birth region. It will be an invaluable resource for the future...getting to see the orphanage that they were at, seeing their area of Ethiopia, getting pictures, etc. ;-)
Carmen
Wish we were going with you! I'm so excited your time has finally come though. I can't wait to hear all about it!
YAY!! Consider yourselves prayed for ;)
Praying you won't be alone;) But I'm living vicariously through you while you prepare to travel. SO EXCITING!!!!
Post a Comment