I took an early lunch and headed over to Daley Plaza, where I found myself surrounded by the most beautiful people.
Do you know what was going on at the Daley Center??
They were having an Ethiopian Day Celebration!! It. was. awesome. They had an Ethiopian flag raising, women and children dancers and such great music!!
I found myself LONGING to be in Ethiopia. If being around that many people, the music, the colors, the dancing, created such a stir in me, I can only imagine the emotions it’ll bring up when we’re actually standing on Ethiopian soil.
AND I didn’t tell you the best part ~ while hanging out, I ran into another adoptive momma from Indiana (rather she found me)!! She and her husband adopted TWO children as well (boy and girl) and they’re very close in age to our two. It was wonderful catching up with her!! She was a wealth of knowledge and I found myself taking mental notes the entire time. The last time we saw them was this past winter. There was a group of us at the Ethiopian Diamond for a holiday party. She reminded me today that when we left the last time, we walked out with them, and Boz and I were holding the hands of their son and daughter. Who knew a year later we’d have two of our own!? God is so good.
*GASP* Just when I thought my day couldn’t get any better…… WE JUST GOT A LITTLE VIDEO OF OUR KIDS!!!! Oh my heart!
A few pictures from this afternoon:

Esrael Yosseph - He's Amazing
Yezena Negash - this woman is incredible













1 comment:
So cool!! I love this!
Olivia
Post a Comment