Thanks for joining us on this exciting journey to our little Bosman! I hope you stick around for a while, we plan on updating this blog often. There’s not much now, but you’ve got to start somewhere right?
Truth be told, we haven’t even started our adoption process. But by the time we do, and by the time we have a few (hopeful) followers, we’ll have a little more ‘meat’ to the blog to keep you entertained.
I suppose a little background on us would be helpful. This is going to be VERY BRIEF, maybe we’ll touch on it again in the near future. But for now, I really just want to get a few words up for my first post.
We got married in 2006. We love each other. We love God even more. We’re passionate people, and over the past year and a half God has taken our passion and steered it towards orphans (as well as AIDS and helping to end extreme poverty).
This summer/fall we’ll be embarking on our greatest adventure yet….taking steps to becoming parents (and we thought marathon training was hard)!! We feel God has called us to start our family by adoption. I’ve had a lot of questions on this, so let me get this out of the way…. As far as we know we don’t have any fertility problems. I mean, we don’t know since we haven’t tried to get pregnant.
Our adopting is a response to what we believe about the heart of God. He has such a tremendous heart for the weak, helpless, poor, broken-hearted, the orphan and the widow.
James 1:27 says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." We’re taking this literally. Can you think of a better way to live with the heart of Jesus than to adopt, love and care for, a little one (older one) who might otherwise have been cast aside? We sure can’t.
Adoption, for us, is also another way to be the hands and feet of Christ. Not to mention a way to put our faith into action!!! We don’t have much, but we feel extremely blessed, and we want to share what we do have, with those in need.
Boz and I hope to work together on keeping this blog up to date. You’ll know who’s writing it when you read the post. Boz’s will most likely be more clear and thought out, whereas mine…. well, I tend to ramble. Together I think we’ll make a great team.
Love,
Dave & Jody
Mary
6 months ago













No comments:
Post a Comment